Funded by the Scottish Government, the Home Energy Scotland renewables loan scheme is available for applications, including:
- Renewable systems – 75% of the total cost of a renewable system, up to £10,000.
- District heating scheme connections – 100% of the total cost of connection to a district heating scheme, up to £5,000.
As this is a loan, the amount borrowed and the time given for repayment depends on which technology is being installed.
The loan is available to owner occupiers in Scotland, in existing residential buildings and new buildings under construction where the property is already owned by the intended owner occupier.
If applying for a Home Energy Scotland loan, there are other key factors to consider:
- The installer and system must be certified through the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
- A minimum level of energy efficiency is required from the technology being installed.
- A Green Deal Assessment must be carried out on the property in which the technology is being installed. The subsequent Green Deal report must be provided with the claim.
The Home Energy Scotland renewables loan could be paired with other schemes and incentives, such as:
- The Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI)
- Feed-in Tariffs
Thermsaver are happy to advise you on which options would be most relevant and beneficial to you. Just give us a call on 01698 300100.
The Energy Saving Trust website can also provide more information on the loan and other incentives, click here to visit.